The doctors and staff would like to share with you how we are addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in our office. We are following recommended guidelines from the CDC and the state health officials to reduce viral spread. We are committed to resuming quality eye care as we adapt to the
challenges of this public health situation and appreciate your trust and understanding.
We are strictly following CDC guidelines for cleaning, including repeated staff training on these measures. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Obtaining PPE for patient and staff, barriers and shields
2. Creating several sanitizing hand gel stations
3. Spacing reception furniture to facilitate physical distancing as well as removal of all reading materials
4. Regularly disinfecting knobs, counters, chairs, and all spaces where public interaction occurs
5. Examination and testing rooms are disinfected after every patient encounter, including all surfaces, instrumentation, knobs and equipment.
6. Patient schedules will limit traffic flow through the office and allow time for disinfection protocol.
We ask that you wear a mask and bring your own pen to your appointment. If you do not have a mask, we will supply one.
We ask that only individuals being seen enter the office unless you are a direct caregiver or parent accompanying a young child. All others will be
directed to wait in their vehicles.
As per CDC recommendations, we will be checking patient temperatures prior to entry. If your temperature exceeds 100.3 F then your appointment will be
rescheduled. If not already screened by phone in advance, we will ask the following questions:
1. Have you traveled outside of Maine in the last two weeks?
2. Have you been exposed to anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last two weeks?
3. Have you or anyone in your household had a fever, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of smell or taste in the last 3 days?
4. Are you or anyone in your household under voluntary or involuntary quarantine?
Should you answer yes to any of these questions, your examination will be rescheduled to a later date.
Our optical department will be open by appointment only. Repairs and spectacle pick-ups will be appointment as well. Calling ahead will allow